Draftsman is a professional tool within Altium Designer that allows you to create complete PCB fabrication and assembly drawings. One of the key points that makes Draftsman so unique for our industry and such a powerful tool is that it was developed with both electrical and mechanical standards in mind. So users can do things like dimension, add graphics, and draw all within Draftsman. With Draftsman you’re able to create professional, clean documentation for your fabrication and assembly drawings.
PLEASE JOIN THIS FREE LIVE WEBINAR TO EXPLORE:
- Automated extraction of drawing data from the source PCB document.
- Broad range of drawing views (Assembly View, Fabrication View, Section View, Drill Drawing View, Board Region View, etc).
- Assembly Views that include graphics generated from 3D Models (without the requirement for special PCB layers).
- A BOM table that integrates with ActiveBOM
- Placement of Callouts to indicate BOM item positions or items from a Notes list.
- Support of assembly Variants.