The processor debug is implemented by Embedded Trace Macrocells (ETM trace unit) depending on the target processor. Each ETM trace unit is specific to the processor it is designed for.
The feature set varies depending on the use cases anticipated for the different processors, but all CoreSight ETM trace units which use an AMBA Trace Bus (ATB) output can be combined in a system. Trace units might support the following:
- Processor execution trace in varying degrees of detail
- Resource logic often used as an extension to processor performance monitoring resources
- Filtering logic to reduce the amount of non-interesting data which is captured
The Keil Uvision Performance Analyzer utility makes use of the instruction trace collected from ETM. With the help of a real-time trace, the performance analyzer can help you identify the hot-spots in your application precisely.
The instruction trace from ETM also helps the user perform software verification and validation. The step that is mandatory for a product developed for functional safety. The trace information can be useful for customers working in the Industrial, Automotive, Medical, and Railway domains.
Thursday, 17th September 2020 | 02:30 PM to 03:30 PM
The attendees will get to learn the following.
1. Collection of instruction trace from the ETM unit.
2. Real-time performance analysis of the embedded application.
3. Software Verification and Validation.